Author: Kārlis Vērdiņš
- Directing: Paula Pļavniece
- Choreography: Rūdolfs Gediņš
- Music: Kārlis Tone
- Costume and set design: Andris Kaļiņins
- Light design: Nikola Suhareva
- Actors: Anta Aizupe, Sandija Dovgāne, Ance Strazda, Āris Matesovičs, Reinis Boters, Matīss Budovskis or Jānis Kronis
Producer: Inese Tone, assistant Līna Oliņa, KVADRIFRONS
Date of premiere: 21/03/2023
Dates in SKATE: 2/11/2023 ; 5/11/2023
Venue in SKATE: Riga Circus (Rīgas cirks)
After decades of hiding, Viktors Arājs is arrested and brought before a German court. His name has long become a symbol of the Holocaust in Latvia, many of his team have been executed, sent to Siberia or imprisoned, while others still remain of interest to Western intelligence services. But how can the extent of Arājs' guilt be proven if the victims and his living accomplices remain silent?
The trial that has been extended for years on end still raises fundamental questions about the proportionality of crime and punishment, and the challenges both the courts and society face when bringing criminals of such a scale to trial. Especially when it comes to such criminals who still remain alive for years after and seem to feel no limit to their own power or impunity.